Easy St Patrick’s Day Recipes: Shamrock Shakes at Home!
Top o’ the mornin’ to ya, Kansas City!
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, it’s time to make one of the best, easy St. Patrick’s Day recipes – Shamrock Shakes!
Everyone can agree they love Shamrock Shakes from McDonald’s…
But they are only offered during St. Patrick’s Day. Bummer. So, we decided to concoct a Shamrock Shake recipe for ourselves.
Now we can enjoy them all year round!
Easy Shamrock Shakes Recipe:
They were super easy, yummy, and were a big hit in my house!
Plus, they’re quick to put together so you won’t have to spend much time mixing. Check it out now:
> Shamrock Shake Ingredients:
What you will need to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a yummy snack?
- 3 scoops mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4-6 drops green food coloring
- Whipped cream, for topping
> How to Make Your Shake:
This takes 5 minutes max. per shake.
- Scoop out the mint chocolate chip ice cream into a bowl (the bigger the better).
- Let it sit for a minute to soften up, but don’t let it melt too much.
- Stir the ice cream around in the bowl.
- Then, mix in the heavy cream, peppermint extract & food coloring
- Pour the mixture into a cup & top with whipped cream
You can either mix with a spoon by hand or use a blender. But, we have found the blender sometimes makes the shake a little watery.
> Toppings for Your St. Patrick’s Treat:
Top your yummy shake with treats like:
- maraschino cherries
- coconut flakes
- sprinkles (green if you have them)
- chocolate chips
You can also get inspiration from your kiddos and have them help decorate their own! Any fun green things you can come up with to add a little pizzazz.
> How to Decorate
If you are having a St. Patrick’s Day party with your family or friends, decorate the shakes with fun trinkets & toys.
Decorate with green plastic rings, fun straws, and serve up in a fancy wine or martini glass. You can find all these things at the Dollar Tree!
We hope your family enjoys St. Patrick’s Day together, with a St. Paddy’s Day shake…or maybe two.
Be sure to get The Scoop, for more fun sent right to you!
From our family to yours, iFamilyKC