49 Fun Date Night Ideas in Kansas City: Go Out with Your Partner!
Don’t get stuck with the same old night out. We’ve got 49 fun date night ideas in Kansas City! Find the best things to do on a date right here…
….what are you waiting for? Start planning your fun date!
49 Fun Date Night Ideas
Right here in Kansas City
Fun Date Ideas:
Shake things up a bit with these unique and fun date ideas to do around Kansas City with your sweetheart! If you are going on a date in the Fall, check out our Fall Bucket List – filled with 82 things to do in KC!
Enjoy Downtown Date Nights
- Downtown Overland Park
- Check out the Independence Square
- Visit downtown Parkville
- Head over to Downtown Lee’s Summit
A Weekday Wine Date
- Wine Wednesday at Colonial Gardens
- Live music at the Gardens
- Charcuterie Boards & other food offerings from The Bean Counter
This makes for one of the best unique & fun date night ideas. Brownie points for uniqueness!
If you don’t have bikes of your own…
- Anywhere from the River Market to the Plaza, hop on a B-Cycle, Kansas City’s bike sharing program!
- Ride bikes all day for only $7!
Playtime – Let Loose on Date Night
Play with these fun date night ideas all around Kansas City.
- Catch thrilling rides at Worlds of Fun (Kansas City)
- Head to the range at Top Golf (Overland Park)
- Let your inner artist shine with an artsy date night at Paint, Glaze, & Fire or Ceramic Cafe
Sushi Picnic at the Lake
Grab a Sushi dinner to go at Mint or your favorite sushi place, pack some drinks, and head to your local lake or park.
- Find great lakes & park ideas using our fishing guide or the best parks & trails guide! Loose Park is always a great option.
- You can also have a picnic on the lawn of the Nelson Atkins for a fun date night idea.
- Pro tip: If you are looking for a fantastic view, eat dinner at the WW1 Memorial front lawn. There isn’t a better view of downtown KC.
Learn Something New – Together!
- Take a cooking class for adults at Taste Buds Kitchen in Leawood, Kansas.
- Pro tip: You can bring your own beverages to the adult classes.
- Learn to ride a horse at Sunset Stables (Lee’s Summit)
- A private horse ride would be the perfect date in Kansas City. Bonus points for a sunset backdrop!
- If you are feeling extra adventurous, learn to wakeboard at KC Watersports. This would be one of my personal favorite, fun date night ideas.
- Pro tip: Learn2Wakeboard workshops are Saturday & Sunday mornings, where you can learn to wakeboard for only $15 including the equipment rental! Check their website to check when the promotion ends- Labor Day.
Winedown for a Winery Tour
Take a tour of local wineries for your date night! These Kansas City wineries are the top date night recommendations from our local readers:
- Amigoni Urban Vineyards (Kansas City)
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery (Plaza)
- Pirtle Winery (Weston)
- Somerset Ridge Winery (Overland Park)
- Vox Vineyard (downtown Kansas City)
- KC Wine Co (Olathe)
Dinner & Art Date Night
Take a Kansas City Beer Tour
Tour local Kansas City breweries for a fun date night with these great recommendations:
- KC Bier Co. (Kansas City)
- Crane Brewing Company (Raytown)
- Boulevard Brewing Company (Kansas City)
- Pro tip: You and your partner can also enjoy a FREE 60-minute walking tour of the brewery, which includes samples in the tasting room. BUT get there early!
Go Bowling After the Dinner Date
- Head out to downtown Lee’s Summit for drinks at any of the locally owned pubs and restaurants. Have a fun date night before heading over to Summit Lanes for some bowling fun.
- Pro tip: 3rd Street Social is always a delicious date night!
Immerse Yourself in Mystery
- Wornall House (Kansas City)
- Kansas City Gangster Tours (Kansas City)
- The Sallie House (Atchison)
- The Dinner Detective (Kansas City)
- Belvoir Winery Paranormal Investigations & Murder Mystery Dinners (Liberty)
Throw Down Axes – Lumberjack Date Night
Ax throwing at Blade & Timber in Kansas City and Leawood will definitely be a unique date night idea.
Get Trapped with your Date, Then Break Out
Try an escape room date at any of the metro area locations! If you are looking for date night ideas that are a little less challenging, try the mini Exit Rooms at Paradise Park in Lee’s Summit.
- Extra idea: Team up with other couples for an extra challenge. This is a great double date night idea!
Catch a Theater Show
- Unicorn Theatre (Kansas City)
- KC Improv (Zona Rosa)
- Starlight Theater (Kansas City)
- B&B Theaters (Multiple KC Locations)
- Alamo Drafthouse (Kansas City)
Restaurant Hop During Date Night
Why sit down for an entire dinner date when you can restaurant hop?! Enjoy small bites and drinks at all your favorite local eateries. Some of my personal favorites are
Date Night Filled with Games:
…What is date night without a little competition?
- Char Bar in Westport is a great spot to enjoy the feel of a backyard BBQ with great yard games- corn hole, bocce ball, croquet and ping pong.
- Their food is also delicious!
- No Other Pub in the Power and Light District has an awesome bowling alley, shuffleboard and beer pong!
- If pool is more your style than hit up Westport Flea Market for pool, skeeball, and pinball.
- Chicken N’ Pickle in North KC also has a lot of fun yard games like cornhole as well as pickleball courts you can play each other on
- Have a pickleball date night by reserving your own court! (They also have some of the best chicken in town…)
Hit the Arcade During the Date
Relive the 90s by heading to an old school arcade. Luckily, they now have bars with arcades inside, so you don’t have to play with the kids on date night!
Once the tokens run out catch a movie in Tapcade’s Screenland Theatre or enjoy the patio at Up/Down. That would take this fun date night idea to the next level.
- Tapcade has tons of arcade games & beers on tap! There is an extensive beer menu filled with local beers & all the games your heart desires
- Pro tip: Tapcade also has their Screenland Theatre, where you can catch a movie after you run out of tokens.
- Up/Down is the perfect date night spot for arcade games and beer. They also have skiball and other classic games.
- Their patio is a beautiful view of downtown Kansas City at night. Be sure to check it out!
Take a Weekend Getaway
…or Go on a Short Road Trip/Day Trip near KC
If you are looking to get away for the weekend, there are many great places that are a short 3 hour day trip from Kansas City. Check out our Weekend Road Trip Ideas now, including:
- St. Louis
- Eureka Springs- with cute B&B’s!
- Weston, Missouri: Drop into Pirtle Winery located in the Weston Historic District for a tasting and tour. In the backroads of Weston is the Green Dirt Farm featuring cheeses, yogurt, and ice cream. Enjoy a cocktail at the McCormick Distilling company on Main Street, or get your barbeque fix at the Tin Kitchen featuring a menu driven by hickory-smoked barbeque meats.
With some much going on daily in Kansas City there is no reason you can’t find the perfect day date or night date. We hope these fun date night ideas gave you some inspiration for your own fun dates.
Be sure to get The Scoop, so you don’t miss a thing! You’ll get our Weekend Planner sent directly to you each week with things to do this weekend in Kansas City. Plus, you will get invites to exclusive events & discounts. Don’t miss this great resource!
From iFamily to Yours.