Back to School Pictures (First Day of School Picture Ideas!)
We can all agree the first day of school is fun at some point in everyone’s life…back to school pictures are no exception.
One of the best memories of The 1st Day was the first day of school pictures.
I would have a new outfit and I would love to take tons of pictures with my friends. As I got older, that same feeling would come over me as I would get my kiddos ready for their first day back!
Parents Love Back to School Pictures
First day of school pictures are cherished by every parent. Our kids grow and change so much, so fast. Our back to school pictures are a perfect memento to remember their little selves forever!
You can also make the first day a little more fun with these school lunch ideas. Or, just get everything delivered right to your inbox with The Scoop…you even get our Weekend Planner sent right to you each week! Don’t search for things to do ever again!
Or, you can find unique places to take photos in Kansas City!
First Day of School Picture Ideas:
This year, why not try and shake up those back to school pictures with these fun ideas!
You can also use our other Back to School ideas to survive the first week of school.
- Happy Mom Photo- We have all seen those funny back to school pictures on Facebook where all the kids are lined up with a look of dread a pout on their faces. Meanwhile…Mom and Dad are literally jumping for joy. Use this back to school moment for a funny memory years later.
- Chalk Art- If you have a steady hand and excellent penmanship, this idea would be perfect! Since it’s still technically summer, head outside and create a beautiful picture featuring your kiddo and their grade number! Or let the kids get creative with their own design.
- First Day/Last Day- Our kids change so much within the year. These first day of school pictures are perfect to capture their growth in a year. Snap a first day picture and last day of school photo in the exact same outfit to see just how much your kiddos changed!
- About me photo- This one requires some tech skills. Create a custom photo design with photo editing software. Add a few special things about your kid including their age, teacher, and grade. If you don’t have any photo editing software, try using one of my favorites, Canva.com (plus it’s free).
- DIY Frame- Possibly one of the easiest DIYs around. Make a custom frame out of a sturdy board (cardboard, foam board etc..) Cut a square large enough to “frame” your child’s upper body and then decorate as you wish. Add school colors, favorite characters or other back to school pictures. Don’t forget to add their grade!
- Class of _____ – Even though your kids may not be graduating, having a sign with their graduating class is a fun way to count down their school years. Plus, you can use the sign year after year!
- Books in hand- A fun and creative idea would be to photograph your child with some of their favorite books, backpack, or school books in tow!
- My teacher and ME!- If you are able to walk your child into school on the first day, why not grab a picture with their teacher? It’s a great way to remember your child on their first day, plus you will remember that teacher for years to come. This is also a good way to get to know your child’s teacher a little better.
- Not back to school day- As a homeschool mom, you know I gotta throw a fun idea out there for my fellow homeschoolers. On our first day, we have a “not back to school day”. We go somewhere fun and I take that first day of school picture. (mostly with them just running around smiling)
- With your Pets- Pets are definitely part of the family…the first day of school is no exception. Grab your furry fam for a cute family photo on the front porch. It is fun to watch your pets and kids grow together over time.
As you prepare for back to school season and the hustle and bustle of the first day back at school, take a moment to grab a fun back to school picture…for the memories! 🙂
Have other first day of school picture ideas? Hit us in the comments below:
Be sure to sign-up for The Scoop, so you get our Weekend Planner delivered straight to your inbox every week! You will be so happy you did.
From our family to yours, iFamilyKC.