38 Valentine’s Day Date Ideas & Ways to Make V-Day Special
With Valentines Day around the corner, you may be scrambling for Valentine’s Day date ideas in Kansas City…
We can all agree, planning a special date night isn’t the easiest when you have children. But we’re here to make that easy for you!
Explore these fun Valentines Day date ideas around town…some are for at home, but most are out & about on the town.
Valentines Day is a great way to reconnect with your partner without the kiddos around. There’s TONS of fun Kansas City date ideas for parents to enjoy!
Explore these fun date ideas below.
Best Valentine’s Day Date Ideas to Make V-Day Special
Check out our 38 ideas – how to make your partner feel special this Valentine’s Day:
1. Valentine’s Day Pasta Cooking Class for Couples
If you and your partner love to cook – or want to learn – Taste Bud’s Kitchen is hosting a couples cooking class on Valentines Day!
You’ll learn to make pasta from scratch, as well as helpful tips for make different pasta shapes. Heart-shaped Raviolis are on the menu too, so bring your own wine and spend the evening together…
During the class you’ll work with another couple to make your yummy pasta. Once you leave, your cooking skills will have improved – a V-Day gift that keeps on giving!
Check out their other adult cooking classes if you’d like to give them as gifts instead of going on Valentine’s Day…
2. Dinner & a Movie Date
This is a classic Valentines Day date, but one of the best ideas!
Check out some great movies from B&B Theatres – with locations all across KC!
3. Stay-In Date Night: Netflix & Dinner
Netflix is one of the best casual dates ideas. Plus, some of your best moments are spent inside the comfort of your home.
Cook a meal with your partner to eat in your living room floor as a picnic! Then, pick a romantic comedy, grab the air mattress and put it in the living room, make a huge fort, light candles, have a pillow fight, look at photo albums together , pull out items you may have collected of places you have went together over the years,etc.
4. Recreate your favorite restaurant in your own home
Grab your favorite takeout spot & get the kids involved as servers or waiters!
Jazz it up with hand written the menus, use their art work for place mates, light candles, have the whole family dress up, play romantic music or make a play list of “your songs”, slow dance, and exchange homemade cards.
5. Digital Free Date
Spend an entire date, or even day without your phone!
Putting down the phone will reconnect you with your partner and allow you to really cherish your time together. Turn it into a challenge of fun things to do on Valentine’s Day…whoever goes without their phone longer is the winner.
6. Couples Massage & Spa
With it being Valentine’s season, you can find great deals on couples activities.
Who doesn’t love a massage..?
Relax for a day while you spend quality time with your love one!
7. Go Dancing – NOT at the Club
Dancing can be so fun when there aren’t people spilling their drinks on you every 5 minutes.
There are fun dancing spot in Kansas City, so hit up a dance class or event!
8. A Scavenger Hunt of Your Lives Together
Write clues to different places around town that have meaning in your relationship. Give a new clue at each location your partner can solve!
This can be a fun date idea, as well as thoughtful gift.
9-12. Retro Date Ideas
If you’re looking for retro date ideas, go back in time to when you were younger and have some fun.
- Roller Skating
- The Drive-In
- Eat at the Diner
13. Play at the Arcade!
14. A Burlesque Show
This is a sexy date idea if that’s more your style.
Check out The Annual Valentine’s Day Burlesque Show at Crown Center in downtown Kansas City! There are 2 show times for you to choose from.
15. Get Silly
Sing your heart out to some karaoke at your local bar & grill…or home!
Sometimes laughter and getting silly with your partner can be the best gift.
16. Take a Staycation
We can all agree, getting away as a couple is hard with children. Take a staycation for Valentine’s Day…an overnight date idea!
Book a hotel & spend an entire night without your children. When was the last time you did that?
17. Go Glamping
If you are looking for a more relaxing date idea, check out this glamping spot near KC.
Get away from the hustle & bustle of the city a relaxing retreat of your own – the perfect Valentine’s Day date!
18. Explore a New Part of KC
Is there an area of Kansas City you’ve never been? Spend your date exploring a new part of the metro!
Our hometown has so many unique areas, so check these local Kansas City date ideas for inspiration.
19. Dinner Detective Valentines Day Show
Enjoy dinner at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown, then watch a murder mystery show that you try to show!
The Dinner Detective V-Day Show is a unique experience with yummy food. Plus, there’s a prize for the top detective…
Looking for more date ideas in Kansas City? Look at the 70+ KC Date Ideas!
How to Make V-Day Special:
There are some thoughtful V-Day gift ideas that will make anyone feel special.
- Make your partner breakfast or dinner in bed- Who wouldn’t love that?
- Leave surprise notes in their car or around the house with their favorite snacks
- Send them a flirtatious or thoughtful text/email
- Drop off or have their favorite meal delivered to work – make sure you include a heartfelt note <3
- Plan a Friends-Night-Out: Them and their closest friends have a surprise hang out while you watch the kids.
- Take a bath or shower together – or join them while they are in the shower… 😉
- Fill up their gas tank – You could clean out their car too!
- Surprise tickets to their favorite band, sports team, or movie they have been wanting to go to.
- Wear their favorite outfit and send them a picture of you wearing it- say something like, “I am so lucky to have you. I can’t wait to see you tonight.” Or “You make our lives better. Thank you for everything you do for us.”
- Mail your in laws a card and tell them what you love about their son/daughter. Thank them for raising such a great partner!
- Complete another “chore” your partner usually tackles
- Have the whole family make cards and include what you all love about mom or dad.
- Compile a list of all the reasons why you love them- make it very detailed and include things you may not say to them all of them. Include specific examples!
Special Valentine’s Day Ideas for Her
How to Make Her Feel Special
Valentine’s Day isn’t all about the gifts. Think of thoughtful ways to make your valentine feel special this year!
- Make a scrapbook filled with photos and memorabilia from dates & special moments
- Hire a maid to come and clean the house.
- Make or order a heart-shaped pizza
- Book a visit to the spa or their favorite hair dresser
- Re-create your first date- I personally would melt if someone did this for me!
- Take their car to have it serviced – get the oil changed, have it detailed, get new tires, etc.
We hope you use our Valentine’s Day date ideas give you fun things to do with your partner this year.
There are many things you can do to make your partner feel special. Whatever you decide to do, it is the thought that counts!
Be sure you are sign-up for The Scoop so you don’t miss a beat in KC!
From our family to yours, iFamilyKC.