iFamilyKC Kids Club Event Recap: Kick It Foos!
Your kids will always remember the fun that they had spending time with family and friends while doing something active. From kids birthday parties to family fun outings, the owners of Kick It Foos in Shawnee, have come up with a unique concept to help your family create lasting memories while you explore good old fashioned fun. We’ve got the scoop for you today on the blog AND a special OFFER that you’re not going to want to miss. Take a look…
Mention iFamilyKC & get 25% OFF Your Private Rental!
At our recent iFamilyKC Kids Club event at Kick It Foos, attendees got to take part in some of their favorite classic family-fun games that have been transformed into life-sized versions that allow individuals to literally step into the game and test out their athletic skills.
Life-Sized Human Foosball, Connect 4, Kurplunk, Yahtzee, Foot Pool, and Tick-Tac-Toe!
Mention iFamilyKC & get 25% OFF Your Private Rental!
The kids just LOVED playing game after game of Human Foosball, a fun competitive activity that lets the kids use their own athletic ability to compete with and against friends.
- No age restrictions; however, participants must have a minimum shoulder height of 40 inches
- Each team consists of six players: 1 goalie, 3 defenders and 2 attackers
- Players face the opposite team’s goal
- Players must place and keep both hands on their pole
- Players must only move side to side – no player is allowed to move forward or backward on the court
- Contact between players is prohibited
- Play will begin by dropping the ball at mid-court
- Play continues until a penalty occurs, the ball is out of reach or out of bounds, or a goal is scored
- A penalty will be called and a goal awarded to the non-offending team if any of the following occur…
- A player touches the ball with their arms or hands while the ball is in play
- The ball is played above the foosball poles at any time
- Any player jumps, leans or climbs over the foosball poles
- When the ball goes out of bounds, the ball will be returned to the place it left the court and rolled towards the non-offending team
- The winning team will be the team that scores the most goals when time is called
Participants also enjoyed playing games of foot pool, where they used their feet in lieu of pool cues to play the game!
- Break – Starting the Game
- the first player places the white ball wherever they like behind the starting line to break
- a break is valid when the #1 ball is hit first
- When the first ball is pocketed, the player who pocketed it chooses a group of balls
- A player’s turn lasts as long as they keep legally pocketing balls, until they miss a shot, commit a foul, or win the game
- The game is won when:
- a player legally pockets all of the balls from their group and, in the next shot, pockets the 8 ball
- The game is lost when:
- the 8 ball is pocketed in the middle of the game
- the 8 ball leaves the table
- the white ball is pocketed or leaves the table in the same shot the 8 ball is pocketed
- Fouls – when a player commits any of the following fouls, the opponent can place the white ball wherever they want, although they only get one shot
- pocketing the white ball
- hitting any ball off the table
More About Kick It Foos!
Is there an age requirement?
No. However, for safety reasons, there is a HEIGHT (40″ shoulder height) requirement to play Human Foosball. This allows the players to be able to reach the poles and still be able to see the field in order to play the game. This requirement is typically met by 8-9 years old. Smaller children are more than welcome to play the other life-size games if accompanied by an adult when the use is included in the purchased package.
Do people that are not playing have to pay?
Yes and No. For any event that does NOT include private facility rental (Amateur, Rookie, and Semi-Pro), all non-paying spectators will be asked to remain in the spectators waiting area at the front of the facility to minimize congestion and increase safety for all the participants. If it is an ALL youth party, then they will allow 1 adult for every 6 children in for free as chaperones. However, if chaperones decide to play, they must pay.
Events that include a private facility rental include access to all games for the entire duration of the event. So, any guest of a private facility rental event who is old enough to walk must pay when they are a part of a group participating.
Do they have staff that watch the kids during parties?
Having fun is their #1 priority at Kick It Foos. With that being said, they must make sure they provide a safe environment for everyone to have fun in. We provide a game facilitator / referee during rentals. They are there to enforce rules. However, please keep in mind that they are NOT there to watch your children.
Is there anything to do besides Human Foosball?
ABSOULTEY! They currently have Foot Pool, life-size Connect 4, Kurplunk, Tick-Tac-Toe, and Yahtzee.
Can we bring outside food or drink?
Some of their rental packages allow you to bring outside food and non-alcoholic drinks. This is clearly labeled on the description of each package. If this is something you’d like to do, please be sure to select one of those packages when booking.