Easter Basket Ideas for Kids 2019: Easter Gift Baskets for Every Age & Interest
Easter will be here before we know it and the hunt will be on to find fun Easter Basket ideas for kids, along with basket fillers.
Each year, our kids look forward to Easter egg hunts and the surprise the Easter bunny left them.
However, with so many options & Easter basket ideas, it can be hard to know where to start.
Easter Basket Ideas & Inspiration
Enjoy the season with loved ones without gorging your kids on candy. Find inspiration for the perfect Easter basket for your family below. Happy Hunting!
The Experience Easter Basket
Giving experiences & activities instead of gifts is becoming the go-to for families. Create lasting memories with your family this year with these experience gift ideas:
Gift the Easter gift of fun all year long by purchasing a POGO Pass!
The activity pass is only $39.95 when you use code: iFamilyKC
It includes admission to +15 activities & things to do in KC. Find a full list of POGO Pass activities online too!
Worried about how to present the POGO Pass in your Easter Basket? We’ve got you covered:
- Use a carabiner to represent RoKC Rock Climbing
- Include a small stuffed penguin to represent the Kansas City Zoo
- Put a pair of goggles in the basket to represent CoCoKey Water Resort, Adventure Oasis Water Park, and Olathe Parks & Rec
- Include a hockey puck to represent the Missouri Mavericks
- Use a pair of Sky Socks to represent Sky Zone Kansas City or Lee’s Summit
- Add a baseball to represent the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum & T-Bones
- Include a pack of astronaut ice cream to represent Science City
- Add in a dinosaur egg to represent the Museum at Prairie Fire
- Toss in a $5 game card to use when you go to Paradise Park
There are many other locations included in your PoGo Pass that are not listed above. Visit online for full details on all the fun in store for your family when you purchase.
The Religious Easter Basket
If you want to focus on the origin of the Easter holiday then this basket is for you. We found kid friendly things that keep the spirit of the Easter season. Bring some joy and learning to your morning with our basket suggestions:
- Resurrection Eggs-In this package you will receive 12 eggs that you can either put in the basket for learning or you can set them out for the morning hunt. Inside each egg is a religious trinket. The package also comes with some reading material describing the story of Easter. This great item is prepared by Family Life.
- The Beginner’s Bible: Come celebrate Easter sticker and activity book-This fun item is fun for elementary age kids. Find this item, written by Kelly Pulley.
- The Glow in the dark religious Easter Egg hunting kit-This kit is said to help your child find the ‘light of Jesus’. It comes with glow eggs with stuffers, religious sayings, and an Easter DVD.
- He Lives! Finger puppets- These would be a fun learning toy to go along with any basket. Your kids can have lots of fun reenacting the Easter Story. You can check out this item by Fun Express.
- My First Rosary– An item ideal for babies and toddlers that can be played with and chewed on. It gives your tiny little loves a first exposure to the Rosary by Sacred Heart Toys.
- Catholic Baby’s touch and feel book– This book written by James m Cafone is a great item for your little one and a great way to introduce early literacy skills.
- Personalized Fabric tote bags– These are great for your kids because they are multi-purpose and can be reused for other occasions. There are several designs to choose from.
Easter Egg Themed Baskets
This basket focuses on everything related to Easter eggs; ideas for decorating and incorporating them in an Easter basket.
- Faux eggs to dye: If you are looking for some eggs that don’t have to be boiled or eaten then these would be a great alternative. They are ready to go and made from plastic so they can be used as decorations.
- DIY Egg shaped string basket: This basket is a fun thing that you and your kids could prepare in advance and set out for Easter morning. Here are the directions.
- Egg shaped toys, puppets, tattoos, stickers and more at US Toy: in the store AND online at USToy.com and save 15% on your purchase with coupon code 18IF03. Give the code at the store or enter at checkout online, and get free shipping on orders over $35 online. Monthly coupon is always available here.
- Easter Egg Fry Rings: If you want to have eggs for breakfast with fun shapes then check out these fry rings from Williams Sonoma. These are a cute addition for the little chef in your family.
- Unpainted Wooden Nesting Dolls: If you are familiar with the Russian nesting dolls then you might enjoy this activity. These pre-cut wooden dolls are blank so you and your kids can paint and customize them. Afterward, your child will have hours of fun stacking and unstacking the dolls while building up their problem solving skills!
- Egg Shaped Easter Chalk: This one is for your little artist. The chalk is large and perfect for any size hand. Kids can then have a great time making doodles all over the sidewalk.
The Candy Easter Basket
This doesn’t mean you give the kids an endless supply of candy. For this one, we got a bit more creative.
- Candy Craft Chocolate Pen with molds: This is a kit that allows for some creativity. While the outcome will be candy, your kids will be involved in the process of creating it. Once they create the candy, then you can have gifts for the entire family.
- Color Scented Crayons: These pencils have a candy scented smell and would go create with a fun coloring book.
- Shopkins Coloring Book: If your kid is into these characters then it will be a great accomplice with the Smencils.
- Chocolate Scented Erasers: What are pencils without erasers? These erasers smell like chocolate and will be fun to add to this basket.
- Candy Chemistry: Add a little bit of science to your basket with this candy making science kit. They will learn about the chemistry involved in cooking and make some really fun treats!
- Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Colorful Candy box: This is a fun playdoh kit that your kids can use to make candy that won’t be eaten. There are many accessories to create different shapes and types. What a great way to avoid the sugar at Easter but still have some candy fun!
The Little Chef Easter Basket
So often our little ones observe us cooking and preparing meals but giving them their own tools can get them involved and learn some valuable life skills!
- Find great cooking items that would be perfect for this basket at curiouschef.com. (Measuring spoons, Nylon kids knives, mixing utensils, mitt sets, aprons that include utensil sets and little chef hats)
- Babycakes Cake Pop Maker: If your kids love cake pops then this would be a fun way to get them involved in the kitchen.
- Plant a Pizza Garden: This is a spring friendly kit that gets your kids started on growing some of the items you need for a pizza.
- Melissa and Doug Play Food Cutting Set: For the little ones that aren’t quite ready for the kitchen then this play set it perfect. Kids can pretend to chop wooden foods and prepare them for a tasty feast.
- Melissa and Doug Sushi Slicing Wooden play food kit: This kit looks fun. Do we have any little sushi lovers out there?
- Disney Related Cookbooks for afterschool snacks: This 4 piece book set will give your family some fun ideas for things you can make at home relating to favorite characters!
The Homemade DIY Easter Basket
Make something homemade. It’s a fun way to prepare an Easter basket without buying pricey toys or other store bought items.
- No Cook Homemade Playdoh– Here is a quick recipe that you can prepare for the basket or you can separate the ingredients so your kids can prepare it themselves!
- Easter Crafts– If you want to set aside some craft supplies then your little ones can make some fun crafts. Here are 40+ homemade craft ideas.
- DIY Treats: If you are looking for a sweet treat to add to the basket as an alternative to candy then here is a link with some fun treats that you can prepare without too much effort.
- DIY Stuffed Animals: If you are curious about making your own Easter animals then check out this link for some patterns. These cute gifts will be a great addition to any basket.
- Painted Rocks- If you want to get a little artsy then add in some rocks, paints and brushes to the basket for some crafty fun.
- Finger Painted Flower Pots- Prepare for spring with these pots. Add in a flower pot, paints, dirt and seeds into your child’s basket for some growing fun.
The Easter Bunny Basket
This basket idea is inspired by no other than the Easter Bunny himself. Check out these ideas!
- Bunny Easter Tote bags–These tote bags will be eggcellent for holding those colorful eggs. There are a few different styles but I liked the burlap version best.
- Peter Rabbit – This bunny is would be a cute addition to the basket and a fun new bedtime friend.
- Reeces Pieces Easter Candy Carrot Bag- Carrot shaped bags of candy are a fun bunny friendly treat.
- Give an Easter Movie– An Easter related movie such as Hop or It’s the Easter Beagle Charlie Brown would be a fun addition to the basket.
- Give an Easter Bunny Book-You can gift The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter or The Easter Egg by Jan Brett.
- Easter Madlibs– Madlibs are not only fun but great for learning too. Here is the link:
Sensory Easter Basket
For kiddos that benefit from extra sensory input, check out these sensory based basket ideas that are both fun and beneficial!
- Sensory play bag: Fill up an Easter or zip lock bag with related items such as grass, eggs, chick toys, scoopers..etc that can be used in a bucket or sensory tray with water.
- Tactile Easter Book: You can buy a touch and feel book or you can make your own using everyday items with an Easter theme. Here is a link to an egg based book idea for Braille readers. However, it can be adapted for anyone.
- Decorate Tactile Easter Eggs: Here is a great idea for kids with visual disabilities but it can also be a great activities for kids with sensory needs.
- Edible Peeps Playdoh: Here is a fun recipe for sensory play that is safe and edible for little explorers.
- Spring Flower Rubber Ducky Set: Perfect for bath time and for sensory water play. Check it out!
- Funky Egg Splat Ball: This item is great for stress relief and sensory exploration.
Easter is right around the corner and one of these ideas are sure to brighten that special morning! We hope your family has a great Easter, surrounded by loved ones. 🙂
From iFamily to Yours,