94+ Christmas Light Displays in Kansas City (2019 Update)
Looking for where to see the best Christmas lights in Kansas City? Our ultimate guide will help you find holiday light displays near you…
The holidays aren’t the same without the magical of colorful lights and displays.
So, pile your kiddos in the car and enjoy the best Kansas City Christmas light displays.
Where Can I see Christmas Lights in Kansas City?
There are Christmas light displays all over the metro. Check out each area to find some near you!
Explore holiday light displays, Christmas light shows, tree lighting ceremonies and other light displays to create your own Christmas light trail around town.
Our Holiday Lights Guide is broken up into different sections, so no matter what you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered.
Where to Find Christmas Lights in Kansas City?
If you’re looking for the best Christmas lights in Kansas City, this is it. Enjoy our Christmas lights & displays guide with 82+ holiday light displays and growing.
Then, explore the Kansas City Christmas Events with your family for even more fun!
**Spots with a double asterisk are verified locations. These Christmas light displays have been visited by an iFamilyKC team member or friend. Holiday light locations with no asterisk have not been verified this year but have previously had light displays. If you’ve been to one of these spots, let us know in the comments to keep the 2019 Christmas Lights List updated!
When: The fun kicks off Saturday, November 17th through the holidays
Where: Union Station (Downtown Kansas City)
The holiday lights displays at Union Station are an absolute must see this season. It’s free to enjoy these beautiful Kansas City Christmas lights – a must-do for any out-of-town family here for the holidays!
Bring the holiday spirit to your family with their giant model train exhibit, tons of holiday lights & other fun displays.
– Mayor’s Christmas Tree at Crown Center**
When: Starts November 23rd at 5:30 pm with the Mayor’s Holiday Lighting Ceremony through Christmas
Where: 2450 Grand Blvd Kansas City, MO
The Mayor’s Christmas Tree at Crown Center is a giant tree (nearly 100 ft.) right in the middle of downtown. Plus, you can take some holiday pictures to remember the season with your little ones.
The smaller trees around The Mayor’s Christmas tree are also decorated, so you can enjoy tons of Christmas lights! After, you can go ice skating at the Ice Terrace at Crown Center.
Bonus – your kiddos are going to LOVE the sweet wooden playground at the base!
When: Now through January 13, 2019
Where: Country Club Plaza
If you’re looking for traditional Christmas lights in Kansas City, head to the Plaza! The Plaza holiday lights are free to enjoy so you can visit more than once too..
Whether you drive through the holiday lights or walk around and enjoy, it’s a classic holiday tradition in KC! There will also be carolers around the Plaza throughout the month, so you may want to walk around to try to find them…
You can see the lights now through the middle of January. Be sure to stop and shop, or eat while you’re downtown.
When: Holiday lighting begins Saturday, December 1st through January 1st
Where: 1600 N. 291 in Liberty
Enjoy the free, drive through holiday light display with synchronized music from Pleasant Valley Church on Fridays & Saturdays. There will be lots of family fun at the holiday lights ceremony on December 1st too.
The synchronized shows run from 6 pm to 11 pm from Dec. 16th to 23rd, so there are many chances to enjoy! Find full details online for the Hometown Holidays on the City of Liberty website.
When: Holiday lighting ceremony is on Saturday, November 17th, then throughout the holidays
Where: i29 & Barry Road
Now through Christmas, you can see the lights at Zona Rosa while you shop or dine in the outdoor shopping mall. There’s a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the shopping center, so you can snap holiday photos too!
When: November 23rd through December 31st
Where: World’s of Fun
Live shows, millions of sparkling lights, tons of activities are all in store for you at Worlds of Fun this year for Winterfest. If you’re looking for a one-stop-shop to see the most Christmas lights in Kansas City, Worlds of Fun will fill you up with holiday spirit!
While you’re enjoying the holiday displays, you can also ride the fun rides.
This is a fun holiday drive-through display that’s open now through New Year’s Eve. Volunteers collect donations for different charities each not, but a donation is not required to enjoy the lights.
You can also ride the Holly Jolly Trolley tour on a family-friendly adventure around Excelsior Springs to see all of the best lights around town, then through the Lane of Lights. Tickets for that are only $10 per person and kids 3 and under are free.
Other Clay County Neighborhood Holiday Light Displays:
- **N Bellaire Ave & NE Gunn Ave, Kansas City, MO 64119
- 602 NE 70th St, Gladstone, MO 64118
- Carriage Hills Estates. NE 60th Ct and N Spruce Ave. KCMO. Tune your radio to 87.9 for synchronized music!
– Lee’s Summit Magic Tree Lights**
When: November 21st through January 5th, daily 5:00 pm -1:00 am
Where: i470 and View High Dr.
The Lee’s Summit Magic Tree is the ideal complement to your visit through the Christmas in the park and makes for wonderful Christmas family photo opportunities
You can enjoy this happily lit tree with tons of colorful holiday lights! Donations collected during the holidays go to support local families in need. Their holiday lighting ceremony is on November 21st this year.
– Christmas in the Park Light Display**
When: Daily 5:30-10 pm (Open late Friday & Saturday) November 21-December 31
Where: Longview Lake
Christmas in the Park is one of best holiday lights displays in Kansas City. This is a drive through Christmas lights display that includes over 500,000 lights. You don’t even have to get out of your warm car to see! This display is free, but they do accept donations to continue putting it on each year.
Lee’s Summit Neighborhood Christmas Light Displays:
- **410 NW Frances Rd Lee’s Summit MO 64063
- 228 SE Main St, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
When: November 24th and December 21st
Where: George Owens Nature Park in Independence, MO
You can hike down a path lit with candles at the Winter Solstice celebration to enjoy the winter evening at the best Christmas lights in Independence.
This is not a nightly display, they only host the event 2 times during the holiday season, so don’t miss it!
Independence Neighborhood Christmas Light Displays:
- 2708 N Liberty St, Independence, MO 64050 – check out their Facebook page here!
- **Hiram Young Park, Independence MO 64050
- **3510 S. Crysler Avenue Independence MO Chrysler Light Show – amazing!
- 1413 N Inca Dr in Independence, MO
When: December 12th 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Where: The View 13500 Byars Road Grandview, Missouri 64030
Check out the beautiful and unique Christmas lights in the traveling Christmas party bus!
There will be hot coffee, cocoa, and cookies! Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Most register by December 11th. The entire tour & holiday bus reservation are only $20 per person.
When: Weekends November 23rd through January 6th
Where: Powell Gardens
Cost: $5 for children, $12 for adults. 4 & under free.
Powell Gardens combines holiday light displays with beautiful botanical creations to create a fun “Christmas festival of lights”. There’s many different shows and displays throughout the garden, including a tunnel of lights!
Jackson County Neighborhood Christmas Light Displays:
Blue Springs Holiday Lights –
- **S Bradford Ln, Blue Springs, MO 64015
Oak Grove Holiday Lights –
- H Highway near Steinhauser Road, Oak Grove, MO
– Deanna Rose Ultimate Holiday Lights
When: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm now through January 7th
Where: Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead in Overland Park
Your family will enjoy a 30 minute light show cast on the wall of their barn. This is a flat panel that looks like a Christmas tree with tons of images cast on it!
The Ultimate Holiday Tree at Deanna Rose includes animations and fun holiday images. Tune your radio to 90.5 to listen to lights display music.
When: Now thru Christmas
Where: 101st & Metcalf in Overland Park
The Vince & Associates annual holiday lights show is a unique display of animated lights set to holiday music. You can park across the street and enjoy the show from the warmth of your car!
Check out their holiday lights page with a fun video of what you can expect and tune radio to 96.9 FM to listen along to the holiday music.
When: Now through the holidays Christmas
Where: 1131st Place west of Antioch Road, Overland Park, KS 66213
Don’t miss one of the best Christmas light displays in Overland Park – Christmas Place was voted #1 for 16 years. This is a 23-home neighborhood that devotes themselves to the Christmas spirit – nearly every single house is decorated for the holidays!
Plus, you can just drive right on through…you can’t miss the sign & lights decorating the entrance. Visit their website for more details.
When: November 23rd & 24th, November 30th & December 1st, December 7th & 8th
Where: Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
Your family will love the Holiday Luminary Walk. There are over 2 miles of holiday lights on candlelit paths at the OP Arboretum – a beautiful backdrop for holiday pictures!
The fun activities include wagon rides, a Santa visit & special music.
– Overland Park Neighborhood Christmas Light Displays:
- 13800 Switzer Road, Overland Park, KS 66221
- 11308 Mackey Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
- 8911 W 131st Place, Overland Park, Kansas 66213
- 11619 Lucille street, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
- 8500 West 129th Terrace, Overland Park, Kansas 66213
- 12253 W 105th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66215
- 7515 Hemlock Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66203
- 9508 West 117th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 9606 West 117th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 13812 Bradshaw, Overland Park, Kansas 66221
- 7716 West 98th Terrace, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 9319 Goddard Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66214
- 9622 West 117th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 7608 West 115th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
- 131st Place (west of Antioch Road), Overland Park, KS – neighborhood light display
- 6600 West 131st Street, Overland Park, KS
- 10103 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 8828 West 116th Terrace, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
- East of Pflumm Rd & South of 127th St., Overland Park, KS
- 7315 W 79th St, Overland Park, KS 66204
When: Through December 31st – 6 to 10 pm
Where: 10955 Granada Leawood, KS 66211
Tune in to 97.1 FM to listen to the holiday music that goes with these Christmas lights in Leawood. You can even enjoy this display from the warmth of your car!
This holiday light display is free, but accepts donations benefiting KidsTLC – a children’s charity that benefits families & children with mental health problems, behavioral issues, trauma & so much more. Text 243725 with the message KidsTLC to donate!
– Leawood Neighborhood Christmas Lights:
- 13020 Ash Street, Leawood, Kansas 66209
- 2801 West 127th Street, Leawood, Kansas 66209
- 9717 Lee Boulevard, Leawood, Kansas 66206
- 13201 Granada Drive, Leawood, Kansas 66209
- Roe & East 132nd Street, Leawood, KS
- 708 Lee Boulevard, Leawood, Kansas 66206
- 4800 Town Center Drive Leawood KS 66211
When: Friday November 30th through January 13th
Where: 14907 W 87th St. Pkwy, Lenexa
Lenexa’s Sar-Ko-Par park offers a dazzling holiday lights display each season with colorful lights & fun displays around the Rose Pond. You can drive somewhat, but walking allows you to check out all displays.
– Lenexa Neighborhood Light Displays:
- 9025 Alden Street, Lenexa, Kansas 66220
- 8358 Oakview Circle, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
- 14907 West 87th Street Pkwy, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
- 10150 Walker Street, Lenexa, Kansas 66220
- 8007 West Haskins Street, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
- 13916 W 110th Terrace, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
When: Monday to Thursday each week
Where: Stagecoach Park 1205 E. Kansas City Rd, Olathe, KS 66061
Check out the holiday lights Monday to Thursday each week at Stagecoach Park. There are many trees decorated with lights, but they do not have their animated displays like in past years.
– Paulie’s Penguin Park (Residental Home)
When: From Thanksgiving to Christmas Day.
This holiday light display is home to Christmas-loving Kansas Citians. Their yard is filled with hundreds of blow up holiday characters and Christmas lights!
You can walk through the display any day of the week, but they ask for donations to raise money for Leuekemia & Lymphoma Society.
– Olathe Neighborhood Holiday Lights:
- 15904 West 152nd Place, Olathe, Kansas 66062
- 1533 West Dartmouth Street, Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Paulie’s Penguin Playground: 16617 Indian Creek Parkway, Olathe, Kansas 66062
- West of Mur-Len at 162nd Street Olathe, KS 66062
- 1549 West Dartmouth Street, Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Frontier & Ridgeview, Olathe, Kansas
- 14512 S. Summertree Lane, Olathe, Kansas 66062
- 900 South Cedar Hills Street Olathe, Kansas 66061
- 16617 Indian Creek Parkway, Olathe, Kansas 66062
- Christmas Card Lane: West of Ridgeview and North of 151st Street Olathe, KS 66062
- 1932 South Stagecoach Dr. Olathe, KS: Great Christmas Display
Prairie Village, KS:
When: Monday to Thursday each week
Where: 7900 Outlook Lane, Prairie Village, Kansas 66208
This holiday light display is created by an entire street in Praire Village! You can check out the houses, each decorated with their own flare.
Candy Cane lane celebrations have been around for nearly 60 years, so you don’t want to miss this classic holiday tradition. You can find more info on their FB page.
You can find photos of each address at KansasTravel!
Johnson County Neighborhood Christmas Light Displays:
De Soto Holiday Lights –
- 31965 W 91st Street, De Soto, Kansas 66018
- 8673 Brome Road, De Soto, Kansas 66018
Gardner Holiday Lights –
- 215 North Center, Gardner, Kansas 66030
- 6007 East Richard’s Drive, Shawnee, Kansas 66216
- 5536 County Line Rd, Kansas City, Kansas 66106
Merriam Holiday Lights –
- 9900 Johnson Drive, Merriam, Kansas 66203
Shawnee Christmas Lights –
- 21324 West 58th Street, Shawnee, Kansas 66218
- 6231 Millbrook Avenue, Shawnee, Kansas 66218 – one of the best light displays! Tune Radio to 101.7 FM.
- 6800 Maurer Road, Shawnee, Kansas 66217
- 12612 West 70th Terrace, Shawnee, Kansas 66216 (Tune radio to 107.5 FM)
- 13089 W 70th Terrace, Shawnee, Kansas 66216
- 5806 Quivira Road, Shawnee, KS 66216
- 6007 East Richard’s Drive, Shawnee, Kansas 66216
- 13100 W. 70th Terrace, Shawnee, KS 66216
- 5806 Quivira Road, Shawnee, KS 66216
When: Holiday lighting ceremony begins on Saturday, November 17th at 6pm
Where: 1843 Village West Parkway, KCK
Legends Outlets offers a 45-foot tree that features lights synchronized to holiday music. It’s the perfect backdrop for a fun photo by the tree while you also get some of your holiday shopping done!
– KCK Neighborhood Christmas Lights:
- 2309 South 49th Street, Kansas City, Kansas 66106
- 2303 South 48th Street, Kansas City, Kansas 66106
- 5536 County Line Rd, Kansas City, Kansas 66106
More Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremonies & Festivals:
Be sure to check out theses fun events to kick off Christmas lights in Kansas City!
- North Kansas City Holiday Lights – November 16th 6 pm
- Leawood City Hall Holiday Lighting Ceremony – November 19th 6 pm
- Gladstone Holiday Lights – November 20th 6 pm
- Lee’s Summit Holiday Lights – November 16th 6 pm
- Overland Park Holiday Lights – November 16th 4:30 pm
- Olathe Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 30th 6 pm
- Gardner Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 26th 7 pm
- Lenexa Sar-Ko Par Trails Park Display Lighting – November 30th at 6 pm
- Legend’s Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 17th at 6 pm
- Prairie Village Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 29th at 6 pm
- KCK Holiday Lighting Festival – November 30th at 3 pm
As a reminder, these holiday light locations are ones that had great Christmas light displays in the past. We do our best to ensure the details included in the map are the most up to date. If you see that we’re missing a light display, please let us know!
Also, let us know if addresses on here are not doing their light display this year.
Keep in mind, we can’t drive to each of the 82+ Christmas light displays to verify the holiday lights are on. Also, some holiday light displays may be worth the drive for others, but may not be for you. Please, understand this as you head out. Also, drive safe with your families. Always check the weather before heading out.
However you decide to celebrate this holiday season, get out and enjoy the beautiful holiday displays & Christmas lights in Kansas City!
If you’re looking for even more holiday lights, check out the Christmas Light Finder.
Be sure to sign-up for The Scoop so you don’t miss out on things to do throughout the year! There are fun things to do during the holidays, which we send right to your inbox. 🙂
You will also get exclusive invites to Kids Club events, movie premieres, & other family activities.
From iFamily to Yours, Happy Holidays!