2018 Holiday Lights in KC Guide: Where to See Christmas Lights Near Me!
Looking for Christmas lights near you & other Christmas light displays around Kansas City?
We’ve got your Holiday Lights Guide!
Find tree lighting ceremonies, light displays & light shows to create your own Christmas light trail around town.
Pop the family in the car and enjoy the KC area Christmas light displays!
The Holiday Lights Guide is broken up into different sections, so no matter what you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered. Take a look…
Where to Find Christmas Lights Near Me in 2018?
We teamed up to bring you all the details on the beautiful Christmas lights in Kansas City for your family can enjoy.
We’re crowd sourcing…and we need YOUR HELP! to find the best and the brightest displays around town. If someone sends us a spot to add to the list, we’ll do it. However, some holiday lights that people find worth the drive, might not please others.
Keep in mind, we can’t drive to each of the 66+ Christmas light displays to verify the holiday lights are on. Most Christmas light displays are also outdoors.
Please, understand this as you head out. Also, drive safe with your families. Always check the weather before heading out.
**Spots with a double asterisk are verified locations. These Christmas light display have been visited by an iFamilyKC team member or friend of an iFamilyKC team member this year.
Holiday light locations with no asterisk have not been verified this year but have previously had light displays. If you’ve been to one of these spots, let us know in the comments to keep the 2018 Christmas Lights List updated!
As you leave your home to enjoy the lights, please also consider your pet’s safety during the holidays.
Christmas Lights, Displays, & Shows in Kansas City
Enjoy our Christmas lights & displays map with 82+ holiday light displays and growing:
Christmas Tree Holiday Lights:
#1 Legends Christmas Tree Lights**
When: Holiday lighting ceremony begins on Saturday, November 17th at 6pm
Where: 1843 Village West Parkway, KCK
Legends Outlets near the Kansas Motor Speedway and Sporting Kansas City offers a fabulous 45-foot tree that features lights synchronized to holiday music. It’s the perfect backdrop for a fun photo by the tree!
#2 Lee’s Summit Magic Tree Lights**
When: November 21st through January 5th, daily 5:00 pm -1:00 am
Where: i470 and View High Dr.
The Lee’s Summit Magic Tree is the ideal complement to your visit through the park and makes for wonderful Christmas family photo opportunities
Lit with glowing holiday lights in an assortment of colors, the Christmas tree is a fun way to celebrate the holidays.
Donations collected during the holidays go to support local families in need. Their holiday lighting ceremony is on November 21st this year.
#3 Deanna Rose Ultimate Holiday Tree Lights
When: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm now through January 7th
Where: Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead in Overland Park
Animation, effects, and fun holiday messages are all in store for you when you visit The Ultimate Holiday Tree at Deanna Rose this year.
This flat panel holiday lights “tree” is a 30-minute light display your whole family will enjoy.
Tune Radio to 90.5 to listen to lights display music.
#4 Mayor’s Christmas Tree at Crown Center**
When: Starts November 23rd at 5:30pm with the Mayor’s Holiday Lighting Ceremony through Christmas
Where: 2450 Grand Blvd Kansas City, MO
The Mayor’s Christmas Tree at Crown Center is a beautiful holiday sight to see.
Standing at nearly 100 feet tall, the holiday tree is the perfect spot to grab pictures for the season.
Bonus – your kiddos are going to LOVE the sweet wooden playground at the base!
Drive Around Holiday Light Displays 2018
Pop the kids in the car & check out these holiday light displays around Kansas City. You don’t even have to get the kiddos out of the car!
#5 Plaza Lights Display**
When: Now through January 13, 2019
Where: Country Club Plaza
Songs have been written about the beauty of the holiday lights at Country Club Plaza – go see with your kids!
Drive through the holiday lights on all the buildings throughout The Plaza.
You can see the lights now through the middle of January. Be sure to stop and shop, or eat while you’re downtown.
#6 Zona Rosa Light Display
When: Holiday lighting ceremony is on Saturday, November 17th, then throughout the holidays
Where: i29 & Barry Road
Now through Christmas, you can see the Northern lights at Zona Rosa while you shop or dine in the outdoor shopping mall.
You can also just walk around the light displays on the buildings and shops.
#7 Liberty Lights Display
When: Holiday lighting begins Saturday, December 1st through January 1st
Where: 1600 N. 291 in Liberty
Enjoy the free holiday light display with synchronized display music from Pleasant Valley Church.
There will be lots of family fun at the holiday lights ceremony on December 1st too. Find full details online for the Hometown Holidays on the City of Liberty website.
#8 Christmas in the Park Light Display**
When: Daily 5:30-10pm (Open late Friday & Saturday) November 21-December 31
Where: i470 & View High Drive
Drive with your family through the park and take in the beautiful light show this year. This show is a very well done light display.
#9 Vince & Associates Light Show**
When: Now thru Christmas
Where: 101st & Metcalf in Overland Park
The Vince & Associates annual holiday lights display is a fantastic display of animated lights set to fun holiday music.
Check out their holiday lights page with a fun video of what you can expect! Tune radio to 96.9 FM to listen along to the holiday music.
#10 Christmas Place
When: Now through the holidays Christmas
Where: 1131st Place west of Antioch Road, Overland Park, KS 66213
This is a full neighborhood that devotes themselves to the Christmas spirit. Nearly every single house is decorated!
Plus, you can just drive right on through…you can’t miss the sign & lights decorating the entrance.
Walking Christmas Light Displays in KC
#11 Winterfest at World’s of Fun**
When: November 23rd through December 31st
Where: World’s of Fun
Live shows, sparkling lights, tons of activities are all in store for you at Worlds of Fun this year for Winterfest. You have GOT to check out all that’s in store for you this year!
#12 Festival of Lights
When: Weekends November 23rd through January 6th
Where: Powell Gardens
Powell Gardens combines fantastic holiday lights with beautiful botanical themes to create a fun Christmas festival of lights.
You will enjoy their different holiday light shows throughout the gardens.
#13 Holiday Luminary Walk**
When: November 23rd & 24th, November 30th & December 1st, December 7th & 8th
Where: Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
Explore over 2 miles of holiday light displays on candlelit paths.
Your family will love the Holiday Luminary Walk at the Overland Park Arboretum this year. You can enjoy special music, wagon rides, and a visit with Santa at the Depot.
#14 Winter Solstice Hike
When: November 24th and December 21st
Where: George Owens Nature Park in Independence, MO
Enjoy a hike down a beautiful woodland path lit by torches at the Winter Solstice celebration.
Bring your cameras for photo shoots by the ice sleigh and enjoy the winter evening.
#15 Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park Light Display**
When: Friday November 30th through January 13th
Where: 14907 W 87th St. Pkwy, Lenexa
Lenexa’s Sar-Ko-Par park offers a dazzling holiday lights display each season with fun lights around the Rose Pond.
The Sar-Ko Aglow holiday lighting ceremony and event starts at 6pm on November 30th.
#16 Dorr Family Holiday Light Show
When: Monday to Thursday each week
Where: Stagecoach Park 1205 E. Kansas City Rd, Olathe, KS 66061
Check out the holiday lights Monday to Thursday each week. There is a stagecoach theme throughout the display.
Each year they add more, so be sure to check it out! Tune Radio to 100.9 FM
#17 Lane of Lights in Excelsior Springs
This is a wonderful drive through display that’s open nightly between now and New Year’s Eve.
Each night a different charity volunteers at the beginning of the Lane collecting free will donations. There is a suggested donation of $5 per car, but not required.
You can also ride the Holly Jolly Trolley tour on a family-friendly adventure around Excelsior Springs to see all of the best lights around town, then through the Lane of Lights. Tickets for that are only $10 per person and kids 3 and under are free.
2018 Featured Holiday Lights Display:
#18 Union Station Indoor Holiday Lights**
When: The fun kicks off Saturday, November 17th through the holidays
Where: Union Station (Downtown Kansas City)
The holiday lights display at Union Station are an absolute must see this season.
From the expansive model train exhibit to the breathtaking holiday displays all around the building – the holidays truly come alive at this historic KC light display.
Don’t miss out on Union Station’s EXCITING Holiday Activities going on all throughout the season!
Nov 27 – Dec 22 Theatre for Young America – Jingle Bells, Batman Smells
Dec 1 & 2 “Holiday Swing” Indie Craft Fair
Dec 3 Canadian Pacific Holiday Train
Dec 8 CELLabrate The Holidays in Science City
Dec 9 Holiday Dance Showcase in Grand Plaza
Dec 14 – 18 Kansas City Southern Holiday Express
Dec 15 Trombone Christmas Concert & Snow Globes Performance in Grand Plaza
Dec 15 & 16 Academy of the Arts – Nutcracker: All Jazz’d Up
Dec 31 Noon Year’s Eve in Science City
Dec 31 New Year’s Swingin’ Eve with the Dave Stephens Band
More Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremonies & Festivals:
- North Kansas City Holiday Lights – November 16th 6 pm
- Leawood City Hall Holiday Lighting Ceremony – November 19th 6 pm
- Gladstone Holiday Lights – November 20th 6 pm
- Lee’s Summit Holiday Lights – November 16th 6 pm
- Overland Park Holiday Lights – November 16th 4:30 pm
- Olathe Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 30th 6 pm
- Gardner Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 26th 7 pm
- Lenexa Sar-Ko Par Trails Park Display Lighting – November 30th at 6 pm
- Legend’s Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 17th at 6 pm
- Prairie Village Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 29th at 6 pm
- KCK Holiday Lighting Festival – November 30th at 3 pm
There will also be…
6:00 to 9:00 pm
The View 13500 Byars Road Grandview, Missouri 64030
They are renting a holiday bus this year to tour the holiday lights in Kansas City! Check out the beautiful and unique Christmas lights in the traveling Christmas Party.
There will be hot coffee, cocoa, and cookies! Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Most register by December 11th. The entire tour & holiday bus reservation are only $20 per person.
Best Neighborhood Christmas Lights & Other Light Displays:
As a reminder, these holiday light locations are ones that had great Christmas light displays in the past. We do our best to ensure the details included in the map are the most up to date. If you see that we’re missing a light display, please let us know!
Also, let us know if addresses on here are not doing their light display this year.
Johnson County Light Displays:
You can find photos of each address at KansasTravel!
De Soto Holiday Lights –
- 31965 W 91st Street, De Soto, Kansas 66018
- 8673 Brome Road, De Soto, Kansas 66018
Gardner Holiday Lights –
- 215 North Center, Gardner, Kansas 66030
- 6007 East Richard’s Drive, Shawnee, Kansas 66216
- 5536 County Line Rd, Kansas City, Kansas 66106
KCK Christmas Lights –
- 2309 South 49th Street, Kansas City, Kansas 66106
- 2303 South 48th Street, Kansas City, Kansas 66106
- 5806 Quivira Road, Shawnee, KS 66216
- 5536 County Line Rd, Kansas City, Kansas 66106
Leawood Christmas Lights –
- 13020 Ash Street, Leawood, Kansas 66209
- 2801 West 127th Street, Leawood, Kansas 66209
- 9717 Lee Boulevard, Leawood, Kansas 66206
- 13201 Granada Drive, Leawood, Kansas 66209
- Roe & East 132nd Street, Leawood, KS
- 708 Lee Boulevard, Leawood, Kansas 66206
- 4800 Town Center Drive Leawood KS 66211
Lenexa Light Displays –
- 9025 Alden Street, Lenexa, Kansas 66220
- 8358 Oakview Circle, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
- 14907 West 87th Street Pkwy, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
- 10150 Walker Street, Lenexa, Kansas 66220
- 8007 West Haskins Street, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
- 13916 W 110th Terrace, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
Merriam Holiday Lights –
- 9900 Johnson Drive, Merriam, Kansas 66203
Prairie Village Christmas Lights –
- 7900 Outlook Lane, Prairie Village, Kansas 66208
Olathe Holiday Lights –
- 15904 West 152nd Place, Olathe, Kansas 66062
- 1533 West Dartmouth Street, Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Paulie’s Penguin Playground: 16617 Indian Creek Parkway, Olathe, Kansas 66062
- West of Mur-Len at 162nd Street Olathe, KS 66062
- 1549 West Dartmouth Street, Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Frontier & Ridgeview, Olathe, Kansas
- 14512 S. Summertree Lane, Olathe, Kansas 66062
- 900 South Cedar Hills Street Olathe, Kansas 66061
- 16617 Indian Creek Parkway, Olathe, Kansas 66062
- Christmas Card Lane: West of Ridgeview and North of 151st Street Olathe, KS 66062
Overland Park Christmas Lights –
- 13800 Switzer Road, Overland Park, KS 66221
- 11308 Mackey Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
- 8911 W 131st Place, Overland Park, Kansas 66213
- 11619 Lucille street, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
- 8500 West 129th Terrace, Overland Park, Kansas 66213
- 12253 W 105th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66215
- 7515 Hemlock Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66203
- 9508 West 117th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 9606 West 117th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 13812 Bradshaw, Overland Park, Kansas 66221
- 7716 West 98th Terrace, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 9319 Goddard Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66214
- 9622 West 117th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 7608 West 115th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
- 131st Place (west of Antioch Road), Overland Park, KS – neighborhood light display
- 6600 West 131st Street, Overland Park, KS
- 10103 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, Kansas 66212
- 8828 West 116th Terrace, Overland Park, Kansas 66210
- East of Pflumm Rd & South of 127th St., Overland Park, KS
- 7315 W 79th St, Overland Park, KS 66204
Shawnee Christmas Lights –
- 21324 West 58th Street, Shawnee, Kansas 66218
- 6231 Millbrook Avenue, Shawnee, Kansas 66218 – one of the best light displays! Tune Radio to 101.7 FM.
- 6800 Maurer Road, Shawnee, Kansas 66217
- 12612 West 70th Terrace, Shawnee, Kansas 66216 (Tune radio to 107.5 FM)
- 13089 W 70th Terrace, Shawnee, Kansas 66216
- 5806 Quivira Road, Shawnee, KS 66216
- 6007 East Richard’s Drive, Shawnee, Kansas 66216
- 13100 W. 70th Terrace, Shawnee, KS 66216
Jackson County Light Displays & Shows:
Blue Springs Holiday Lights –
- **S Bradford Ln, Blue Springs, MO 64015
Independence Christmas Lights –
- 2708 N Liberty St, Independence, MO 64050 – check out their Facebook page here!
- **Hiram Young Park, Independence MO 64050
- **3510 S. Crysler Avenue Independence MO
Oak Grove Holiday Lights –
- H Highway near Steinhauser Road, Oak Grove, MO
Lee’s Summit Christmas Lights –
- **410 NW Frances Rd Lee’s Summit MO 64063
- 228 SE Main St, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
Platte County Light Displays & Shows:
Clay County Light Displays & Shows:
- **N Bellaire Ave & NE Gunn Ave, Kansas City, MO 64119
- 602 NE 70th St, Gladstone, MO 64118
Whatever you decide to do this holiday season, get out and enjoy the beautiful Christmas scenery!
Be sure to sign-up for The Scoop so you don’t miss out on things to do throughout the year! There are fun things to do during the holidays, which we send right to your inbox. 🙂
You will also get exclusive invites to Kids Club events, movie premieres, & other family activities.
If you’re looking for even more holiday lights, check out the Christmas Light Finder!
From iFamily to Yours, Happy Holidays!