Your Fall Bucket List for 2018: Find 85 Fall Ideas for Kids
Fall is a great time for making memories, so we created our Fall Bucket List for 2018. Find fun fall activities for kids & get new ideas of things to do this fall.
Apple picking, pumpkin patches, baking and snuggling up with some warm apple cider are just a few of our favorite fall things to do.
Fall Bucket List for Kids: 2018
Now that the season of pumpkin spice is here, we’ve got your family’s fall bucket list – filled with fun fall activities and things to do in Kansas City. Fingers crossed you have time to do them all…
Check out 85 fun fall activities below!
85 Fun Fall Activities & Ideas for Kids:
- Roast marshmallows, either outside or use an indoor fireplace
- Carve pumpkins together
- …or check out these no-carve pumpkin ideas
- Take a hayrack ride
- Visit an area fall festival
- Host a family game night
- Go camping in your backyard
- Tell ghost stories while you are camping
- Host a backyard bonfire (maybe roast marshmallows for smores too!)
- Enjoy a foggy morning walk together
- Create your DIY Halloween costumes together
- Take new family photos in Kansas City. This might even be a great Christmas card photo!
- Have a picnic
- Bake Halloween treats
- Go apple picking at a local orchard
- Watch Hocus Pocus…of course!
- Snuggle up and eat chili
- Decorate your porch with fall flair
- Visit a local farmers market in Kansas City
- Visit a Kansas City pumpkin patch together
- DIY fall crafts together
- Get lost in a corn maze
- Take a hayride
- Toast pumpkin seeds…YUM!
- Make a recipe inside a pumpkin bowl
- Find the largest pumpkin. You could even hold a contest to see which family member can find the biggest pumpkin
- Sit outside with hot chocolate while telling spooky stories and telling funny jokes
- Have a slumber party on the living room floor while watching Halloween movies
- Host a spooky movie night
- Go on a hike to catch the beautiful leaves!
- Open the windows to let in the crisp fall air in
- Make pumpkin bread, pumpkin dip or anything with pumpkin in it!
- Discover a new place to explore for colorful full leaves
- Walk or run in a local race together
- Or just take a leisurely walk around town to enjoy the fall air.
- Tailgate together at a local football game
- Or host your own Sunday football party at your house
- Get spooked in a haunted house together
- or go to Worlds of Fun Halloween Haunt (super fun!)
- Trick or Treat as a family
- Celebrate Oktoberfest with sausages and German food
- Host a potluck Halloween party
- Do a nature scavenger hunt together
- Sip on apple cider
- Bake a pumpkin and an apple pie
- Jump in a pile of leaves
- Host a family trunk or treat in your neighbor
- Decorate the inside and outside of the house for Halloween
- Check out fall and Halloween books from the library
- Decorate and send out Halloween cards
- Make a festive fall wreath
- Create a countdown to Halloween
- Go stargazing
- Donate to a food bank or food pantry
- Host a family garage sale
- Rake a neighbor’s yard
- Make Fall leaf art
- Spend a day putting together a puzzle
- Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Make Fall potpourri
- Host a Halloween costume party
- Have a fall themed bake sale
- Host Thanksgiving Dinner
- Make hand turkeys
- Go to a parade
- Go black Friday shopping
- Visit the Kansas City Renaissance Festival – gotta get a giant turkey leg
- Donate old spring/summer clothes to goodwill or shelter
- Volunteer at a shelter
- Eat old fashioned Kettle Corn
- Go on a day trip or weekend getaway
- Visit a farm/ petting zoo
- Make a Thanksgiving leaf and acorn garland
- Make bird feeders
- Decorate pumpkins
- Pick acorns and pinecones
- Eat breakfast in bed
- Buy cozy socks and gloves
- Make a Thankfulness tree
- Make a scarecrow
- Build a pillow fort
- Make homemade caramel apples
- Create a new fall wreath
- Plant Fall flowers
- Take a train ride. There are beautiful fall leaves to see!
- Create a new soup recipe
- Take a drive to soak in the fall colors
- Learn to knit- it will be scarf season soon!
- Take a road trip – there are many fun places close to KC!
What is on your fall bucket list? Drop other fall activities & ideas in the comments below!
When in doubt, grab a pumpkin spice latte sure and refer back to this fall bucket list to keep your family’s fall full of things to do. Be sure to sign-up for The Scoop, so you can get our Weekend Planner delivered right to you each week – filled with things to do this weekend!
From iFamily to Yours,