DIY Christmas Gifts for Your Friends and Family!
Finding the perfect gift can be daunting! Creating something with your own two hands can be much more meaningful. Take a look at these DIY Christmas Gifts that Liz has compiled for you!
DIY Christmas Gifts for Your Friends and Family!
Are you looking for the perfect Christmas gift idea to knock off that Christmas wish for a loved one? I have some fun ideas for DIY Christmas gifts and present ideas to make your holiday season easier! DIY or Do It Yourself gifts are fun to do alone, with your kids or as an entire family. These gifts are inexpensive and because they are homemade are filled with heart and thoughtfulness.
DIY Kids Ideas: Scrap Ribbon Tree Ornaments
Are you overwhelmed with the thought of homemade Christmas gifts from your kids to grandparents and family? If your parents are like mine they are excited about any Christmas gift that is homemade. Each year I feel a little pressure to find new and creative ideas in DIY gift-giving. Scrap Ribbon Tree Ornaments are beautifully rustic and simple. They look especially cute dangling from the Christmas tree or from a peppermint cookie in a jar, which you will learn in a bit when you keep scrolling.
- Straight sticks (6” in length) found outside or use cinnamon sticks
- Ribbons (cut into 5-6 inch strips) in a variety of Christmas tree greens
- Hot glue gun
- After gathering supplies, show your child how to tie the scraps of ribbon down the twig or cinnamon stick. Wide ribbons, tied into single loose knots, give the best coverage down the stick
- For best results, bunch the ribbons close together. The ribbons will bend and slightly overlap. Gently tug them into place until you are satisfied with their placement. You will probably use between 13-16 strips of ribbon for each ornament.
- Use sharp scissors to trim the ribbon scraps into the shape of a Christmas tree. The little fray of the ribbon gives the ornament a rustic look. Get creative and go beyond ribbon and try using cotton and wool fabric scraps, cinnamon sticks and flannel to create your Christmas tree.
- Hot glue or tie a loop of twine to the top of the tree. If desired, top the tree with a wooden star, yellow button, or any embellishment your child chooses.
DIY Gifts for Family:
Tied up with red and green plaid ribbon, this DIY Christmas breakfast gift basket is very festive. This is a super simple little hostess, neighbor or family gift. You simply take a few breakfast items and place them all in an inexpensive cute box or breakfast. Ideas are pancake mix, a sweet syrup, jelly, tea bags, coffee, red frying pan, whisk, spatula and festive holiday napkins.
I would use a little brown paper bag tied with some pretty red yarn and a simple tag to put in some pre-made pancake mix. You can add a little instruction or recipe card if you wish.
DIY Small Gift Idea: Christmas Cookie in a Jar
These Christmas cookies in a jar gifts are so cute! Such an easy gift to put together and will be so appreciated and loved by friends and neighbor!
Grab a quart size mason jar and begin layering the following ingredients. Kind of tap the bottom of the jar on the counter as you go to get everything to lay down into the jar nice and flat.
Layer the following in this order:
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 C flour
- 2/3 C chocolate chips
- 2/3 C peppermint or mint chocolate chips
This gift is so cute you don’t even need to wrap it! Just tie a big red ribbon around the lid. Finish off by sticking on a cookie label and also baking instructions. You can write out the directions yourself or use the computer and print off on to stickable paper. Make a front label that says “CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT COOKIES”.
On your back label: List off the ingredients that are already in the jar.
And then write:
- Now Add: ½ C (one stick) butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- Mix & Roll into 1 Inch Balls & Bake
- Cook at 375 for 8-10 minutes
Share with those loved ones who love to bake especially during the Christmas season!
Fun Gift Ideas for Friends and Teachers: Fleece Blanket
I am so excited to give this cool Christmas gift to my close mom friends this season! You can find festive and inexpensive fleece throws in every store around the holiday season. Simply find your fleece blanket, wrap in large ribbon and finish it off with a tag that says “ Fleece Navidad. We want to wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of our hearts.” How fun is this gift-idea?! I know this would also be a great gift for your children’s teachers, neighbors or girlfriends!
Consider jazzing up your gift a bit! Pair this fleece idea with popcorn, a box of hot chocolate, marshmallows and perhaps a DVD or movie gift card! No matter what DIY gift you choose to give this year, it is sure to be loved by all! Happy giving and happy holiday season!
From iFamily to Yours,